Bands get together for St Albans Record Store Day
- Credit: Archant
If the name sounds familiar, it is because two local bands have come together to record a special limited edition CD single for Record Store Day next Saturday, April 19.
Mark Lee from The Pocket Gods and Grae J. Wall from The Trailer Trash Orchestra/Los Chicos Muertos have come together to record the CD entitled Do they know it’s Record Store Day at all under the name Los Pocket Gods Muertos.
The track features various guest friends and faces from the St Albans music scene including David Hoare, Nick Stephenson, Kros, Eddie’s Brother, Tom Waters (The Zipheads), Dodobones, Bill Johnson and Andreas (The Tuesday Club) .
The CD will be given away free but with a suggested donation towards Open Door, the homeless shelter, at Empire Records, St Albans, on Record Store Day.
Grae J. and Mark along with other contributors to the track will be at the record store in Heritage Close at 11am next Saturday to launch the limited edition single which will be available in the shop all day.
You may also want to watch:
Grae J. said: “We thought it would be fun to celebrate the fact that we have a great independent record store in our little city and to try and make a little cash for a great cause at the same time”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development