Band aid gig in St Albans this weekend
A DAY of music in the city centre will take place this weekend in aid of Grove House.
Live acts will be performing between 11am and 4.30pm on Saturday outside Ladbrokes in St Peter’s Street to raise money for the St Albans hospice.
Local man Dene Rosewarn has set up the event for the second year running having suffered a number of family bereavements at the hands of cancer.
He raised nearly �2,000 last year and hopes to top that total this weekend.
He said: “I’ve had bereavements from cancer on both sides of the family recently, there’s just so much of it. You often hear the statistic that one in three people will get cancer and we have had experience of that, so it’s a great thing to raise money for.”
You may also want to watch:
Performances will include Load between 11am and midday, Elvis Shmelvis between 12.15pm and 1.15pm, Kirsty Love Sugar between 1.30pm and 2.30pm, as well as The Faith Stealers between 3pm and 4pm.
Dene added: “All we need now is the weather – I really hope we get lucky and the general public are as generous as last year.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall