Back to the eighties for Harpenden Wedding Singer
- Credit: Archant
A return to the era when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up, and a wedding singer might just have been the coolest guy in the room is at the heart of the next production from Harpenden Operatic Society.
The Wedding Singer is set in 1985 and rock-star wannabe Robbie Hart, who still lives in his grandmother’s basement, is New Jersey’s favourite wedding singer.
He is the life of the party until his fiancée, Linda, leaves him at the altar.
Heartbroken, Robbie is so distraught that he makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. When he meets Julia, a young waitress, Robbie falls madly in love but the only trouble is that Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark.
Unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.
You may also want to watch:
Performances of the show begin from 7.30pm at Harpenden Public Halls on Monday, March 14, and run until Saturday, March 19, with a 2.30pm matinee on the final day.
Concessions are available on Monday evening and the Saturday matinee.
Online bookings can be made here, telephone: 07817 331150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth