Back to the eighties for Harpenden Wedding Singer
- Credit: Archant
A return to the era when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up, and a wedding singer might just have been the coolest guy in the room is at the heart of the next production from Harpenden Operatic Society.
The Wedding Singer is set in 1985 and rock-star wannabe Robbie Hart, who still lives in his grandmother’s basement, is New Jersey’s favourite wedding singer.
He is the life of the party until his fiancée, Linda, leaves him at the altar.
Heartbroken, Robbie is so distraught that he makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. When he meets Julia, a young waitress, Robbie falls madly in love but the only trouble is that Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark.
Unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.
You may also want to watch:
Performances of the show begin from 7.30pm at Harpenden Public Halls on Monday, March 14, and run until Saturday, March 19, with a 2.30pm matinee on the final day.
Concessions are available on Monday evening and the Saturday matinee.
Online bookings can be made here, telephone: 07817 331150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'