Back to the 13th Century at Trestle Arts Base, St Albans
THEMES from the Magna Carta will be brought to life on Saturday when Trestle Community Company puts on 1215.
The production, to celebrate the 2010 St Albans celebrations of the Magna Carta and the city’s role as one of the five designated Charter towns, mixes physical theatre, text and ensemble movement and explores ideas of justice, politics, class and human rights.
Written by Anna Reynolds, 1215 is devised and performed by a large cast of all ages, guiding the audience through a landscape of unruly teenagers, pompous dog walkers, a heroic Police Community Officer and a Greek chorus of townspeople.
As the story reaches its climax in court, the audience turns jury and one girl’s future could be changed forever.
Trestle associate director, Oliver Jones, said: “Following the huge success of Out of Sight last year, we have created a very different show but hopefully with all the passion, skill and professionalism that marked our previous work.
You may also want to watch:
“We have taken the Magna Carta as our starting point and looked at Greek drama as influencing our style. The result is a modern, epic piece of theatre that looks at many of the themes and ideas that we all face in our everyday lives.”
There are two performances at the Trestle Arts Base in Russet Drive, St Albans – one at 1pm and the other at 4pm.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
All tickets are �5, available from the box office on 01727 850950 or online at www.trestle.org.uk