Back from the brink at Maltings, St Albans
MUCH swashbuckling is promised when The Hunchback of Notre Dame comes to the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans in next Thursday, October 7.
Touring company Myriad Productions are bringing Victor Hugo’s passionate novel to the stage in their own adaptation which previewed at Barons Court Theatre in June to critical acclaim.
It follows the faithful Quasimodo, the hunchback of the title, as he attempts to save the gipsy girl Esmeralda from the black-hearted and lecherous Archdeacon Claude Frollo, his own adoptive father.
The performance begins at 8pm and tickets are �12 with concessions �10, available from the box office on 01727 844222.
A double bill which is expected to appeal to both theatre and dance audiences can be seen at the arts theatre next Saturday, October 9.
You may also want to watch:
The Chair and Enough are being performed by C-12 Dance Theatre at 8pm and both are critically-acclaimed pieces of work.
The Chair explores murder, torture and forgiveness through one man’s discovery of his past and looks at what is the truth behind the situation and what will be his retribution.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
Enough was choreographed originally for Dance Umbrella in 2008 with a male duet while the female adaptation made its debut in Sweden and stands apart from the original duet because of a feminine perspective leading to a very delicate storyline.
It delves into the innermost thoughts, wishes and desires, exploring the struggle to release the burden inside.
Tickets are �12 with concessions �10.