Bach Choir at St Albans Abbey
ST ALBANS Bach Choir will be at St Albans Abbey on Saturday, December 10, raising money for a cancer charity that is of particular importance to the choir.
The carol concert will raise money for the Lymphoma Association after two of the choir’s members were diagnosed with the disease in 2009.
BBC Radio 4 announcer and newsreader, Rory Morrison, who is in remission from non-Hodgkin lymphoma, will attend the concert. He will also speak on behalf of the charity, which supports people affected by lymphoma, the UK’s fifth most common cancer.
Rosamund Adlard, who is secretary to the Bishop of St Albans, said: “My good friend Susan Hare and I were both diagnosed with lymphoma in Spring 2009. Susan had Birkitt’s lymphoma, a very aggressive form of the disease, and underwent intensive treatment immediately. I had a few months to get used to my diagnosis before having a course of chemotherapy, which began in October 2009. I am now on a two-year maintenance therapy programme of Rituximab, which aims to prolong my remission from follicular lymphoma.”
Susan and Rosamund are both sopranos in the choir and were delighted when the choir committee agreed that the collection at this year’s evening concert would be in support of the Lymphoma Association.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will include a selection of carols sung by the choir, seasonal readings, carols for audience participation and a guest appearance from The Columban Ringers, a group of handbell ringers from St Columba’s College.
The concert starts at 7pm with doors opening at 6.15pm. Tickets are available on the door for �10 or �5 concessions.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans