Baby elephant’s soccer skills amaze on first birthday
- Credit: Archant
Whipsnade’s sportiest elephant calf celebrated her first birthday with new footballs and a kick about.
Saturday marked the first birthday of Elizabeth, the baby elephant, who was treated with a set of footballs for the special day.
Keepers and crowds have been amazed by Elizabeth’s dribbling and kicking talents, which far surpass those of the herd.
Elephant keeper, Mark Howes, said: “Elizabeth certainly has a trunkful of skills when it comes to dribbling a football; she’s somewhat of a natural with the ball.”
Born just days before Queen Elizabeth’s 90th birthday, baby Elizabeth continues to stun with her football abilities and with no sign of sharing the ball anytime soon.
You may also want to watch:
Mark said: “When elephants are first born it can take them a little while to work out how to make the most of their trunk but we have all been amazed by how quickly Elizabeth mastered it, and how much control she seems to have.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden