Ayckbourn’s Bedroom Farce for St Albans’ Company of Ten
- Credit: Archant
VOTED one of the best comedies of the 20th Century by The Guardian, Alan Aykbourn’s Bedroom Farce is the next production by the Company of Ten in St Albans.
In typical Ayckbourn style, it features four married couples, three bedrooms, one hectic night and a morning after.
Director Roger Scales said: “Ayckbourn has such a wonderful eye for idiosyncrasies, such a flair for capturing dialogue and such a genius for recording those wonderful situations that at some time or another we all find ourselves having to cope with.
“Someone once said that life is a comedy to he who watches and a tragedy to he who thinks. The genius of Ayckbourn is that he captures both sides of this dichotomy in each of his works.”
Bedroom Farce is being performed in the Abbey Theatre at 8pm from next Thursday to Saturday, July 4 to 6, and from July 10 to 13 with a Sunday matinee at 2.30pm on July 7.
You may also want to watch:
To book tickets go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or alternatively call the box office on 01727 857861.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim