Ayckbourn comedy for Wheathampstead Dramatic Society
BITTERSWEET comedy will be on the menu when Wheathampstead Dramatic Society serves up Alan Ayckbourn’s Time of My Life as its February production.
The drama by the country’s most prolific playwright is being performed from next Thursday to Saturday, February 16-18, at the Memorial Hall.
Set in a restaurant where the cuisine can best be described as “intriguing”, Gerry Stratton with his sons Glyn and Adam are having a small family dinner to celebrate his wife Laura’s birthday.
Both sons have their respective wife and girlfriend with them and the scene is set for a happy domestic scene – until skeletons from the family’s past start to emerge.
The play examines the tensions which inevitably underlie family relationships.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be reserved by calling 01582 834669, via the website www.wheathampsteaddramaticsociety.co.uk/ or on the door.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash