Award-winning sax giant returns to Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Sax giant Simon Spillett returns to Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, November 22.
He appeared only recently at the Herts Jazz Festival with Big Band Britannia.
Simon has won several awards for his music, including the tenor saxophone category of the British Jazz Awards, Jazz Journal magazine’s Critic’s Choice CD of the Year and Rising Star in the BBC Jazz Awards.
Other celebrated jazz leaders and bands with whom he has worked have included Sir John Dankworth, Stan Tracey, Peter King and the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra.
Simon has also recorded three albums, Introducing Simon Spillett (2007), Sienna Red (2008) and Square One (2013), all of which have received highly favourable reviews in both the specialist and national press.
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, begins at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from here are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire