Award-winning sax giant returns to Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Sax giant Simon Spillett returns to Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, November 22.
He appeared only recently at the Herts Jazz Festival with Big Band Britannia.
Simon has won several awards for his music, including the tenor saxophone category of the British Jazz Awards, Jazz Journal magazine’s Critic’s Choice CD of the Year and Rising Star in the BBC Jazz Awards.
Other celebrated jazz leaders and bands with whom he has worked have included Sir John Dankworth, Stan Tracey, Peter King and the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra.
Simon has also recorded three albums, Introducing Simon Spillett (2007), Sienna Red (2008) and Square One (2013), all of which have received highly favourable reviews in both the specialist and national press.
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, begins at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from here are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public