Award-winning sax giant returns to Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Sax giant Simon Spillett returns to Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, November 22.
He appeared only recently at the Herts Jazz Festival with Big Band Britannia.
Simon has won several awards for his music, including the tenor saxophone category of the British Jazz Awards, Jazz Journal magazine’s Critic’s Choice CD of the Year and Rising Star in the BBC Jazz Awards.
Other celebrated jazz leaders and bands with whom he has worked have included Sir John Dankworth, Stan Tracey, Peter King and the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra.
Simon has also recorded three albums, Introducing Simon Spillett (2007), Sienna Red (2008) and Square One (2013), all of which have received highly favourable reviews in both the specialist and national press.
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, begins at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from here are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land