Award for sell-out St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show
- Credit: Archant
CAST members of the St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show are starting the new year on a high – they’ve been given a prestigious award and this year’s show sold out immediately.
Some 112 cast members will be undertaking five shows at the Alban Arena in February.
Tickets for the 2013 how were sold out the day they went on sale – proving just how popular the annual show is.
The 2012 show was awarded a NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association) award for the most colourful and suitable costumes in their region.
The judge’s comments read: “Congratulations to the costume team – the costumes were effective and looked good. It’s not an easy task with so many young people. Well done to all concerned.”
You may also want to watch:
What’s in this year’s show is top secret – and the cast have yet to see their costumes.
Rachel Pankhurst, 15, who’s taking part for the fourth year, said: “We have been rehearsing since September and now going into 2013 I’m getting really excited about show week. I think this year’s show is quite different to what we’ve done in the past.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
The 34th St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show will take place at the Alban Arena from Wednesday, February 13, to Saturday, February 16.
For more information visit the show’s website: http://www.stalbansgangshow.com/home.php