Award for sell-out St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show
- Credit: Archant
CAST members of the St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show are starting the new year on a high – they’ve been given a prestigious award and this year’s show sold out immediately.
Some 112 cast members will be undertaking five shows at the Alban Arena in February.
Tickets for the 2013 how were sold out the day they went on sale – proving just how popular the annual show is.
The 2012 show was awarded a NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association) award for the most colourful and suitable costumes in their region.
The judge’s comments read: “Congratulations to the costume team – the costumes were effective and looked good. It’s not an easy task with so many young people. Well done to all concerned.”
You may also want to watch:
What’s in this year’s show is top secret – and the cast have yet to see their costumes.
Rachel Pankhurst, 15, who’s taking part for the fourth year, said: “We have been rehearsing since September and now going into 2013 I’m getting really excited about show week. I think this year’s show is quite different to what we’ve done in the past.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
The 34th St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show will take place at the Alban Arena from Wednesday, February 13, to Saturday, February 16.
For more information visit the show’s website: http://www.stalbansgangshow.com/home.php