Award for sell-out St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show
- Credit: Archant
CAST members of the St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show are starting the new year on a high – they’ve been given a prestigious award and this year’s show sold out immediately.
Some 112 cast members will be undertaking five shows at the Alban Arena in February.
Tickets for the 2013 how were sold out the day they went on sale – proving just how popular the annual show is.
The 2012 show was awarded a NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association) award for the most colourful and suitable costumes in their region.
The judge’s comments read: “Congratulations to the costume team – the costumes were effective and looked good. It’s not an easy task with so many young people. Well done to all concerned.”
What’s in this year’s show is top secret – and the cast have yet to see their costumes.
Rachel Pankhurst, 15, who’s taking part for the fourth year, said: “We have been rehearsing since September and now going into 2013 I’m getting really excited about show week. I think this year’s show is quite different to what we’ve done in the past.”
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
The 34th St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show will take place at the Alban Arena from Wednesday, February 13, to Saturday, February 16.
For more information visit the show’s website: http://www.stalbansgangshow.com/home.php