Auditions to be held for St Albans’ Breakaway theatre group
AUDITIONS for a double bill of plays from local theatre company Breakaway are being held next week.
In February 2012, the company will be putting on Bed by Jim Cartwright and Your Call Is Important To Us by Mark Vincent and prospective performers can audition for either of the productions at the auditions.
Bed is an acclaimed Royal National Theatre play in which seven people share a vast bed to dream, remember and reflect on the past. Each character has a dream or nightmare and some people are part of other dreams as well.
A challenging play dealing with the bizarre and the reality of life, it is being directed by Breakaway chairman Rob Lewis.
Your Call Is Important To Us is an original play by Breakaway’s Mark Vincent. A 20-minute version was performed in September 2010 as part of The Big Project, a showcase for creative talent in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
It centres on a telephone help service manned by a collection of individuals, best described as quirky but who could also be labelled unreasonable, obstructive, aggressive and dishonest.
The team is joined by Otto who does his best to work out what on earth is going on and inadvertently discovers that the office hides some intriguing secrets.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Steph Cotter directs and a handful of the original cast members from The Big Project will be back but a number of new roles will also be created.
The auditions are at 7.30pm next Thursday, September 15, at St Paul’s Church in Blandford Road, St Albans, and at 2.30pm next Sunday, September 18, at Fleetville Community Centre in Royal Road. No preparation is necessary but the audition process will involve some physical workshop activities.
Further details can be found at www.breakawaytheatre.co.uk, email email@example.com or call Rob Lewis on 0759 5092482.