Asha’s dreams of Teenstar
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans schoolgirl has reached the regional finals of Teenstar, the national X Factor-style competition that launched the careers of Luke Friend and Lucy Spraggan.
Asha Banks, 11, sang Mama Cass Elliot’s hit song Dream a Little Dream to make it through to the London regional finals.
TeenStar is the biggest national singing competition for youngsters aged 19 or under with thousands of hopefuls entering each year.
Last year over 8,000 acts auditioned and those going through get to perform in front of judges from major record labels.
The winner receives a prize of £5,000 to be spent on developing their act, as well as introductions to music industry experts.
Abbey primary school pupil Asha said: “I am so excited to be in the regional finals as the standard was so high.”
Lots of her friends have promised to support her at the finals in Camden next Sunday, April 19.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival