Asha’s dreams of Teenstar
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans schoolgirl has reached the regional finals of Teenstar, the national X Factor-style competition that launched the careers of Luke Friend and Lucy Spraggan.
Asha Banks, 11, sang Mama Cass Elliot’s hit song Dream a Little Dream to make it through to the London regional finals.
TeenStar is the biggest national singing competition for youngsters aged 19 or under with thousands of hopefuls entering each year.
Last year over 8,000 acts auditioned and those going through get to perform in front of judges from major record labels.
The winner receives a prize of £5,000 to be spent on developing their act, as well as introductions to music industry experts.
You may also want to watch:
Abbey primary school pupil Asha said: “I am so excited to be in the regional finals as the standard was so high.”
Lots of her friends have promised to support her at the finals in Camden next Sunday, April 19.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25