Asha’s dreams of Teenstar
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans schoolgirl has reached the regional finals of Teenstar, the national X Factor-style competition that launched the careers of Luke Friend and Lucy Spraggan.
Asha Banks, 11, sang Mama Cass Elliot’s hit song Dream a Little Dream to make it through to the London regional finals.
TeenStar is the biggest national singing competition for youngsters aged 19 or under with thousands of hopefuls entering each year.
Last year over 8,000 acts auditioned and those going through get to perform in front of judges from major record labels.
The winner receives a prize of £5,000 to be spent on developing their act, as well as introductions to music industry experts.
You may also want to watch:
Abbey primary school pupil Asha said: “I am so excited to be in the regional finals as the standard was so high.”
Lots of her friends have promised to support her at the finals in Camden next Sunday, April 19.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans