Arts students put on annual exhibition at academy
- Credit: Archant
The creative talents of students from local primary and secondary schools will be on display in St Albans this weekend.
The Samuel Ryder Academy in Drakes Drive is hosting the annual Schools Arts Exhibition, now in its fourth year, on Saturday and Sunday, January 24 and 25.
Over 50 pieces of artwork from 16 local secondary schools and five local primaries will be on display in an exhibition which is open to all.
The exhibition has been curated by local artist Katherina Kubrick and there is also a visiting guest artist, Nick Gentry, who went to school in Garston and now sells his artwork worldwide.
A whole range of work will be on display including sculptures, paintings, prints, photography and textile work.
You may also want to watch:
Samuel Ryder Academy headteacher, Matt Gauthier, commented: “We are very honoured to once again be hosting the Schools Art Exhibition. The work on display is always of a very high standard and demonstrates the exceptional artistic talent and creativity of the students at our local schools.
“I am very much looking forward to this year’s event and I would like to encourage anyone with an interest in art to come along and join us.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre