Artists pop up with new exhibition in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Artists Justine Lois Thorpe and Anna Perlin are coming together to put on a pop up exhibition in Harpenden.
The two local artists will be showing a range of work conveying a personal connection and response to the Herts countryside and landscape, as well as West Country seascapes. The exhibition is being held at 8and Harpenden, opposite Waitrose in Leyton Road, from next Monday, October 17, to Sunday, October 23. with a Meet the Artist session from 11am to 2pm next Friday, October 21,
Justine spent her early years in St Agnes, Cornwall, and comes from an artistic background. All her life she has been involved in reflecting her emotional and physical connection with nature of the West Country.
In 2016 she was presented with the Green & Stone Award by Chelsea Art Society and has exhibited at the Cork Street Open Exhibition and Bath Society.
Anna’s inspiration comes from the environment around her, the English countryside and gardens and flowers.
You may also want to watch:
Graduating in textile design, she initially worked in the retail world before becoming a full-time artist. Her work has been exhibited widely, including being selected for the Royal Society of British Artists at the Mall Galleries and Sky Arts Landscape of the year 2016.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall