Artists pop up with new exhibition in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Artists Justine Lois Thorpe and Anna Perlin are coming together to put on a pop up exhibition in Harpenden.
The two local artists will be showing a range of work conveying a personal connection and response to the Herts countryside and landscape, as well as West Country seascapes. The exhibition is being held at 8and Harpenden, opposite Waitrose in Leyton Road, from next Monday, October 17, to Sunday, October 23. with a Meet the Artist session from 11am to 2pm next Friday, October 21,
Justine spent her early years in St Agnes, Cornwall, and comes from an artistic background. All her life she has been involved in reflecting her emotional and physical connection with nature of the West Country.
In 2016 she was presented with the Green & Stone Award by Chelsea Art Society and has exhibited at the Cork Street Open Exhibition and Bath Society.
Anna’s inspiration comes from the environment around her, the English countryside and gardens and flowers.
Graduating in textile design, she initially worked in the retail world before becoming a full-time artist. Her work has been exhibited widely, including being selected for the Royal Society of British Artists at the Mall Galleries and Sky Arts Landscape of the year 2016.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star