Artists pop up with new exhibition in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Artists Justine Lois Thorpe and Anna Perlin are coming together to put on a pop up exhibition in Harpenden.
The two local artists will be showing a range of work conveying a personal connection and response to the Herts countryside and landscape, as well as West Country seascapes. The exhibition is being held at 8and Harpenden, opposite Waitrose in Leyton Road, from next Monday, October 17, to Sunday, October 23. with a Meet the Artist session from 11am to 2pm next Friday, October 21,
Justine spent her early years in St Agnes, Cornwall, and comes from an artistic background. All her life she has been involved in reflecting her emotional and physical connection with nature of the West Country.
In 2016 she was presented with the Green & Stone Award by Chelsea Art Society and has exhibited at the Cork Street Open Exhibition and Bath Society.
Anna’s inspiration comes from the environment around her, the English countryside and gardens and flowers.
You may also want to watch:
Graduating in textile design, she initially worked in the retail world before becoming a full-time artist. Her work has been exhibited widely, including being selected for the Royal Society of British Artists at the Mall Galleries and Sky Arts Landscape of the year 2016.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents