Artists on the street for St Albans Festival Buskers Week
THE hunt is on for musicians, living statues, performance artists, poets or any other entertainers to take part in the St Albans Festival Buskers Week in June. The festival organisers want to animate the city centre streets with the Buskers Week from Mond
THE hunt is on for musicians, living statues, performance artists, poets or any other entertainers to take part in the St Albans Festival Buskers Week in June.
The festival organisers want to animate the city centre streets with the Buskers Week from Monday, June 21, until Saturday, June 26. So they are looking for performers who have what it takes to stimulate the public.
Richard Shwe, head of culture and community development at the district council, said: "We welcome and look forward to the first-ever Festival Buskers Week - it is high time we recognised how marvellous these performers truly are.
"This is a brilliant opportunity for buskers to get their music heard and for street artists to showcase their work. It also provides the perfect opportunity to create a fabulous atmosphere within the city."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to take part is asked to contact the festival office on 01727 827667 or email Festival@leisureconnection.co.uk for more information.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears