Artists' chance to open up
ARTISTS and craftspeople in the county have until the end of March to apply to take part in this year s Herts Open Studios. The event involves artists inviting the public to their individual studio or home or getting together in small groups to exhibit th
ARTISTS and craftspeople in the county have until the end of March to apply to take part in this year's Herts Open Studios.
The event involves artists inviting the public to their individual studio or home or getting together in small groups to exhibit their works.
Last year more than 13,000 visitors were recorded by 200 artists at 133 venues but, with the help of Lottery funding through Arts Council England, the organisers are hoping to build further on its success this summer.
Open Studios runs from September 13 to October 5 and every artist in the county is welcome to participate, whatever their medium and level of experience. Artists who do not have a studio or venue in which to exhibit can be helped by being matched with other artists at an appropriate shared location.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for completed application forms is March 31 and further information is available from www.hvaf.org.uk
Alternatively send an A5 SAE to Open Studios, PO Box 894, St Albans, Herts AL1 9EG or phone 07941 227116.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans