Artists' chance to open up
ARTISTS and craftspeople in the county have until the end of March to apply to take part in this year s Herts Open Studios. The event involves artists inviting the public to their individual studio or home or getting together in small groups to exhibit th
ARTISTS and craftspeople in the county have until the end of March to apply to take part in this year's Herts Open Studios.
The event involves artists inviting the public to their individual studio or home or getting together in small groups to exhibit their works.
Last year more than 13,000 visitors were recorded by 200 artists at 133 venues but, with the help of Lottery funding through Arts Council England, the organisers are hoping to build further on its success this summer.
Open Studios runs from September 13 to October 5 and every artist in the county is welcome to participate, whatever their medium and level of experience. Artists who do not have a studio or venue in which to exhibit can be helped by being matched with other artists at an appropriate shared location.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for completed application forms is March 31 and further information is available from www.hvaf.org.uk
Alternatively send an A5 SAE to Open Studios, PO Box 894, St Albans, Herts AL1 9EG or phone 07941 227116.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school