Artist draws on the landscape for St Albans show
AN EXHIBITION of paintings, preparatory studies and sketches will be on display when Christine Hillier exhibits at a St Albans gallery from next week.
Christine is the University of Hertfordshire Galleries Open Exhibition winner for 2009 and her exhibition at the Margaret Harvey Gallery in Hatfield Road is entitled Drawn from Landscape.
Placing a strong emphasis on drawing as the most immediate way of making observations, ideas and feelings explicit, she describes the increasingly vulnerable surroundings of landscape and woodland, seeking continuity in the ancient tracks that run through the land.
Christine’s work is rooted in specific landscapes including the Chilterns, the Ridgeway Path and the North Pennines.
She has lived in Herts for over 25 years and has been part of the UH Galleries Open Exhibition for a number of years before winning the overall prize in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition at the gallery in the University’s faculty of law starts next Thursday, September 2, and runs until September 25.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award