Artist draws on the landscape for St Albans show
AN EXHIBITION of paintings, preparatory studies and sketches will be on display when Christine Hillier exhibits at a St Albans gallery from next week.
Christine is the University of Hertfordshire Galleries Open Exhibition winner for 2009 and her exhibition at the Margaret Harvey Gallery in Hatfield Road is entitled Drawn from Landscape.
Placing a strong emphasis on drawing as the most immediate way of making observations, ideas and feelings explicit, she describes the increasingly vulnerable surroundings of landscape and woodland, seeking continuity in the ancient tracks that run through the land.
Christine’s work is rooted in specific landscapes including the Chilterns, the Ridgeway Path and the North Pennines.
She has lived in Herts for over 25 years and has been part of the UH Galleries Open Exhibition for a number of years before winning the overall prize in 2009.
The exhibition at the gallery in the University’s faculty of law starts next Thursday, September 2, and runs until September 25.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival