Artist draws on the landscape for St Albans show
AN EXHIBITION of paintings, preparatory studies and sketches will be on display when Christine Hillier exhibits at a St Albans gallery from next week.
Christine is the University of Hertfordshire Galleries Open Exhibition winner for 2009 and her exhibition at the Margaret Harvey Gallery in Hatfield Road is entitled Drawn from Landscape.
Placing a strong emphasis on drawing as the most immediate way of making observations, ideas and feelings explicit, she describes the increasingly vulnerable surroundings of landscape and woodland, seeking continuity in the ancient tracks that run through the land.
Christine’s work is rooted in specific landscapes including the Chilterns, the Ridgeway Path and the North Pennines.
She has lived in Herts for over 25 years and has been part of the UH Galleries Open Exhibition for a number of years before winning the overall prize in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition at the gallery in the University’s faculty of law starts next Thursday, September 2, and runs until September 25.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works