Art Themen at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Busy and sought after musician Art Themen is appearing with the Clark Tracey Trio at the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
After fronting the Stan Tracey quartet for 20 years from 1976, nowadays Art is most often seen on stage with many of Britain’s top jazz players such as Alan Barnes, John Donaldson, John Critchinson, Dave Newton, Georgie Fame, Don Weller and Mornington Lockett.
His style is influenced by Dexter Gordon and Sonny Rollins as well as John Coltrane and he is renowned for his originality and individual style.
Art on saxes is joined by John Critchison, piano, Mark Lewandowski, bass, and Clark Tracey, drums, for the gig.
The club meets at the,Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, from 7.30pm and tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html str £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development