Art exhibition at Harpenden Public Halls
- Credit: Archant
A LOCAL version of the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition comes to Harpenden next weekend.
Herts Visual Arts (HVA) is hosting the event in Harpenden Public Halls from 9am to 4pm next Saturday and Sunday, July 27 and 28.
It will feature a wide variety of visual arts including painting, drawing, glass, textiles and sculpture created by a mix of professional and amateur artists. The £1 entry fee will go to the Samaritans.
HVA chairman, Mel Hilbrown, said: “This is the second year we are exhibiting at Harpenden Public Halls. It’s a great venue for what promises to be an inspiring exhibition. In the adjacent room the Beds Bucks and Herts Print Society are exhibiting hand pulled prints.”
Some of the artists featuring in the HVA Summer Exhibition will also be taking part in Herts Open Studios from September 7 to 29 in which artists open the doors of their homes or studios to show exhibitions of their own work.
You may also want to watch:
Linda Warminger, HVA Open Studios project manager, commented: “This event provides a really unique insight into the wealth of creative talent in Hertfordshire. All artists are happy to talk about their work and how they approach it. Many will be demonstrating their skills.”
More information about HVA can be found at www.hvaf.org.uk
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden