Art and music at Childwickbury Fair
ART and music combine at the annual Childwickbury Arts Fair which runs from next Friday, July 6, until Sunday, July 8, in the private grounds of the estate between St Albans and Harpenden.
Soul Fish, who are performing next Saturday night (July 7), have already sold out but there are still tickets for Sinead and the Dawnbreakers on Friday night.
Sinead grew up surrounded by the music she now writes and performs with her band – rock‘n’roll, rockabilly and country.
Her love of music from the fifties and sixties but with a contemporary twist is clearly evident in her song-writing and she is joined by Ray Waters, Tom Waters, Iain Hornal and Luke Roberts to complete the Dawnbreakers’ line-up.
Tickets are �10 and the concert begins at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The three-day arts fair includes a mix of workshops, demonstrations and entertainment and is an opportunity to engage with artists in an informal setting as well as buy their work.
Demonstrating there for the first time will be St Albans-based artist Julie D Cooper who will be showing 30 new paintings depicting her use of colour and gestural brushwork.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
An artist who has developed her own visual language to reflect her life experiences in an abstract way, her painting have resulted from visits to Cornwall, Rome and Paris.
For further information about the arts fair go to www.childwickbury-arts-fair.com