Arnie Somogyi’s Ambulance at Herts Jazz Club
ONE of the UK’s most in-demand bass players, Arnie Somogyi, is appearing with his Ambulance at the Herts Jazz Club on Sunday.
He has played on over 50 albums and performed with a wide variety of musicians from Amy Winehouse and Jamie Cullum to Charlie Watts and John Martyn and has gigged, toured and recorded with many leading international jazz musicians.
Self-styled “specialists in musical accident and insurgency”, Ambulance are undertaking their first tour for almost three years.
On their launch at Ronnie Scott’s Club in 2004 they received critical acclaim, toured with American saxophonist Eddie Henderson in 2006 and 2008 and were also nominated in both the Parliamentary Jazz Awards and BBC Jazz Awards in 2008.
The evening’s music will be a mixture of originals and arranged standards.
You may also want to watch:
The jazz club meets from 7.45m at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets are �11 online from www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development