Arnie Somogyi’s Ambulance at Herts Jazz Club
ONE of the UK’s most in-demand bass players, Arnie Somogyi, is appearing with his Ambulance at the Herts Jazz Club on Sunday.
He has played on over 50 albums and performed with a wide variety of musicians from Amy Winehouse and Jamie Cullum to Charlie Watts and John Martyn and has gigged, toured and recorded with many leading international jazz musicians.
Self-styled “specialists in musical accident and insurgency”, Ambulance are undertaking their first tour for almost three years.
On their launch at Ronnie Scott’s Club in 2004 they received critical acclaim, toured with American saxophonist Eddie Henderson in 2006 and 2008 and were also nominated in both the Parliamentary Jazz Awards and BBC Jazz Awards in 2008.
The evening’s music will be a mixture of originals and arranged standards.
You may also want to watch:
The jazz club meets from 7.45m at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets are �11 online from www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall