Death in Paradise star Ardal O’Hanlon ‘showing off’ in St Albans
- Credit: Supplied by The Alban Arena
Comedian and Death in Paradise actor Ardal O’Hanlon will swap the exotic island of Saint-Marie in the Caribbean for St Albans this weekend.
The star of the hit BBC One detective series brings his new stand-up show, The Showing Off Must Go On, to The Alban Arena on Sunday, November 24 at 8pm.
As well as appearing as DI Jack Mooney in Death in Paradise since series six - January's series nine will be his last - Ardal is known for his roles as priest Father Dougal McGuire in Father Ted and George Sunday/Thermoman in My Hero.
In an age of raging populism, #MeToo, identity politics, the end of truth, the collapsing middle ground, peak avocado and £15 gin and tonics, and terrified of being on the wrong side of history, and desperate to prove that his gender, race, age and class don't necessarily define him, Ardal is forced to saddle his high horse again and ride fearlessly into the culture wars - with a white hankie in his pocket just in case.
As the tour title says, The Showing Off Must Go On!
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £22.
To buy tickets, call The Alban Arena box office number on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions