April joins Adoramus for Easter concert
- Credit: Archant
Acclaimed soprano, April Frederick, will be joining the Adoramus choir and orchestra for their Easter concert this Saturday, March 28.
She will be singing two arias from Bach’s St Matthew Passion and joining with soloists from the choir in the Benedictus from Mozart’s Requiem.
Entitled New Life – New World, the concert at the Alban Arena celebrates the Easter season with choral and orchestral music to reflect the sorrow, joy and hope of Easter.
It will be conducted by David Hooke and feature special guests, the choir of St Bernadette Catholic Primary School, London Colney.
The programme will include Dvorak’s Symphony No.9 “From the New World”, Franck’s “Panis Angelicus”, J S Bach’s “In tears of grief” from the St Matthew Passion, Gounod’s “The Angel’s Resurrection Chorus” from Faust, Mozart’s “Sanctus & Benedictus” from The Requiem and Brahms’ “For all flesh is as grass” from A German Requiem.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets at £22, £19 and £16 are available from the Adoramus ticket hotline on 07816 998308 or the Arena box office on 01727 844488.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared