April joins Adoramus for Easter concert
- Credit: Archant
Acclaimed soprano, April Frederick, will be joining the Adoramus choir and orchestra for their Easter concert this Saturday, March 28.
She will be singing two arias from Bach’s St Matthew Passion and joining with soloists from the choir in the Benedictus from Mozart’s Requiem.
Entitled New Life – New World, the concert at the Alban Arena celebrates the Easter season with choral and orchestral music to reflect the sorrow, joy and hope of Easter.
It will be conducted by David Hooke and feature special guests, the choir of St Bernadette Catholic Primary School, London Colney.
The programme will include Dvorak’s Symphony No.9 “From the New World”, Franck’s “Panis Angelicus”, J S Bach’s “In tears of grief” from the St Matthew Passion, Gounod’s “The Angel’s Resurrection Chorus” from Faust, Mozart’s “Sanctus & Benedictus” from The Requiem and Brahms’ “For all flesh is as grass” from A German Requiem.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets at £22, £19 and £16 are available from the Adoramus ticket hotline on 07816 998308 or the Arena box office on 01727 844488.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved