Appliance of live science launches busy Arena week
- Credit: Archant
Take a hovercraft, a few cannons, lots of bangs and a pushbike that powers a blender and you have Ministry of Science Live which can be seen at the Alban Arena this Monday, May 25.
It starts at 2pm and combines live experiments and demonstrations with historical references and a fun and anarchic look at the inventors and engineers who have shaped the modern world.
The show ranges over subjects as diverse as liquid nitrogen flowers, hydrogen bottle rockets, cat food tins and lightsabers.
Tickets are £14.50 (Under 16s £12.50), available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
Loud shirt-wearing comedian Milton Jones returns to the Arena next Wednesday and Thursday, May 27 and 28.
You may also want to watch:
He is back with his new show Milton Jones and the Temple of Daft.
It finds the comic flying to a desert island and seeking the treasure that will, hopefully, resurrect his failed archaeology career.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
A regular on Mock the Week and who has appeared on Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow and Live at the Apollo, Milton has also headlined Dave’s One Night Stand
The show begins at 8pm both nights and tickets are £24.
Sing-a-long-a Frozen is showing at Arena next Saturday, May 30.
The special screening of the Disney film comes complete with lyrics on the screen and a live host to guide the audience through the film, teach them dance moves, warm them up and show them how to use their complementary prop bag.
Children are invited to dress up as their favourite Frozen character for the screening which starts at 11am.
Tickets are £15 adults £10 children, £33 for a family of three and £46 for a family of four.
* Tickets to see Scottish duo The Proclaimers who play the Arena next Friday, May 29, have sold out.