Anything to please for Harpenden Light Operatic Society
THE SS American sails into Harpenden this month for the Light Operatic Society s latest production of Cole Porter s musical comedy Anything Goes. It is being performed from Monday, March 22, to Saturday, March 27, at Harpenden Public Halls. The show is a
THE SS American sails into Harpenden this month for the Light Operatic Society's latest production of Cole Porter's musical comedy Anything Goes.
It is being performed from Monday, March 22, to Saturday, March 27, at Harpenden Public Halls.
The show is a vintage affair of well-known tunes and tap dancing fun set aboard the cruise liner, the SS American. A confection of debutantes, gangsters, tycoons and stowaways, Anything Goes turns back time to the 1930s.
First performed on Broadway in 1934, Anything Goes quickly became one of the longest-running musicals of the decade. It is awash with much-loved songs including I Get a Kick out of You, You're the Top, It's De-Lovely and the title number Anything Goes.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy O'Hare is the director, Ashley Mead the choreographer and Clive Ogden returns as musical director.
On stage, newcomer Helen Harris is in the lead role of Reno Sweeney and Pete Town is the irresistible Billy Crocker.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
2010 is the 60th anniversary of Harpenden Light Operatic Society and the milestone will be celebrated throughout the year, culminating in a special anniversary production of Gilbert and Sullivan's The Gondoliers in October.
The show begins at 7.30pm each evening with a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday. Tickets can be obtained from 07817 331150or email firstname.lastname@example.org