Antiques Roadshow star and Adrian Edmondson at Harpenden Public Halls
ANTIQUES expert Eric Knowles will take the wraps off the business he has been involved with for the past 30 years when he comes to Harpenden Public Halls tomorrow evening (Friday).
He is one of those rare individuals who is able to share his extensive knowledge of the world of antiques in an easily-understood manner.
For more than 20 years he has worked on the BBC’s flagship programme, The Antiques Roadshow, and prior to his talk, entitled Antique Antics with Eric Knowles at 7.30pm, he will be viewing antiques members of the audience bring in.
Tickets are �16 with concessions �14.50, available from the box office on 01582 767525 or go to www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
Cult Young Ones star Adrian Edmondson brings his band, The Bad Shepherds, to Harpenden Public Halls on Sunday evening.
You may also want to watch:
The band play punk songs on folk instruments including numbers from the The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Stranglers, The Jam, Sham 69, The Undertones, Talking Heads, Squeeze and even Kraftwerk. Not all are punk but they come roughly from the same era.
They have given most of the songs a kind of Celtic feel with the odd reel and jig stuck in here and there – and the occasional thrash.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
The band come on stage at 8.30pm after a support act at 7.30pm and tickets are �18 in advance or �20 on the door. The gig is a standing event.