Another chance to see Peppermint Muse’s Lavender Junction
- Credit: Archant
Two more opportunities are looming to see the Peppermint Muse production of Lavender Junction which previewed in St Albans earlier this year and played at the Edinburgh Festival.
The one-woman show infused with memories of colonial India was inspired by writer and performer Lisa White’s family history.
It is set during the waning year of the British Raj. An ordinary woman shares her innermost thoughts and feelings; witty recollections and a rich tapestry of characters are revealed against the backdrop of a mysterious land.
Lavender Junction garnered four star reviews from the British Theatre Guide and the Edinburgh Guide which delighted Lisa. She said: “Whilst aspects of the play are very personal to my grandmother, it’s ultimately a tender tale of love and it was hugely satisfying to have strangers tell us how much it touched them.
“One couple waited after the show and shared how they were researching their own family history and were deeply moved by the piece.”
You may also want to watch:
Lavender Junction will play at the Barn Theatre in Handside Lane, Welwyn Garden City, at 8pm next Saturday,October 4, and the Fireside Festival in High Street, Bal,dock, at 8pm on Wednesday, November 12.
Tickets for the Barn performance can be obtained from the box office on 01707 324300 or go to barntheatre.co.uk and for the Fireside Festival on 07792 023211 or firesidefestival.org
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match