Annie comes to The Alban Arena thanks to Rare Productions
- Credit: Archant
Talented young performers from the largest youth theatre company in the country will be taking the stage in St Albans in classic musical Annie.
Rare Productions presents the story of the red-haired orphan at The Alban Arena next week.
The heart-warming tale of Annie and her adventures comes to St Albans from Thursday, March 9 to Saturday, March 11.
Evening performances of the musical based upon the Harold Gray comic strip are at 7.30pm and there’s also a matinee on the Saturday at 2.30pm.
Abandoned in an orphanage run by the wicked Miss Hannigan, Annie escapes to an easier life outside during the Great Depression, where tomorrow is always brighter because of hope – and a certain stray dog, Sandy, who tags along for the fun.
When Annie is returned to the orphanage she escapes again and her life is changed when she enters into the world of millionaire Daddy Warbucks.
Annie features well known musical theatre songs It’s the Hard Knock Life and Tomorrow.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
Tickets for Rare’s production cost £16 (concessions £2 off), £15 (concessions £1.50 off), and £13.
• To buy tickets, call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk