Annie comes to The Alban Arena thanks to Rare Productions
- Credit: Archant
Talented young performers from the largest youth theatre company in the country will be taking the stage in St Albans in classic musical Annie.
Rare Productions presents the story of the red-haired orphan at The Alban Arena next week.
The heart-warming tale of Annie and her adventures comes to St Albans from Thursday, March 9 to Saturday, March 11.
Evening performances of the musical based upon the Harold Gray comic strip are at 7.30pm and there’s also a matinee on the Saturday at 2.30pm.
Abandoned in an orphanage run by the wicked Miss Hannigan, Annie escapes to an easier life outside during the Great Depression, where tomorrow is always brighter because of hope – and a certain stray dog, Sandy, who tags along for the fun.
When Annie is returned to the orphanage she escapes again and her life is changed when she enters into the world of millionaire Daddy Warbucks.
Annie features well known musical theatre songs It’s the Hard Knock Life and Tomorrow.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
Tickets for Rare’s production cost £16 (concessions £2 off), £15 (concessions £1.50 off), and £13.
• To buy tickets, call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk