Annie comes to The Alban Arena thanks to Rare Productions
- Credit: Archant
Talented young performers from the largest youth theatre company in the country will be taking the stage in St Albans in classic musical Annie.
Rare Productions presents the story of the red-haired orphan at The Alban Arena next week.
The heart-warming tale of Annie and her adventures comes to St Albans from Thursday, March 9 to Saturday, March 11.
Evening performances of the musical based upon the Harold Gray comic strip are at 7.30pm and there’s also a matinee on the Saturday at 2.30pm.
Abandoned in an orphanage run by the wicked Miss Hannigan, Annie escapes to an easier life outside during the Great Depression, where tomorrow is always brighter because of hope – and a certain stray dog, Sandy, who tags along for the fun.
You may also want to watch:
When Annie is returned to the orphanage she escapes again and her life is changed when she enters into the world of millionaire Daddy Warbucks.
Annie features well known musical theatre songs It’s the Hard Knock Life and Tomorrow.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Tickets for Rare’s production cost £16 (concessions £2 off), £15 (concessions £1.50 off), and £13.
• To buy tickets, call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk