Annie comes to The Alban Arena thanks to Rare Productions
- Credit: Archant
Talented young performers from the largest youth theatre company in the country will be taking the stage in St Albans in classic musical Annie.
Rare Productions presents the story of the red-haired orphan at The Alban Arena next week.
The heart-warming tale of Annie and her adventures comes to St Albans from Thursday, March 9 to Saturday, March 11.
Evening performances of the musical based upon the Harold Gray comic strip are at 7.30pm and there’s also a matinee on the Saturday at 2.30pm.
Abandoned in an orphanage run by the wicked Miss Hannigan, Annie escapes to an easier life outside during the Great Depression, where tomorrow is always brighter because of hope – and a certain stray dog, Sandy, who tags along for the fun.
You may also want to watch:
When Annie is returned to the orphanage she escapes again and her life is changed when she enters into the world of millionaire Daddy Warbucks.
Annie features well known musical theatre songs It’s the Hard Knock Life and Tomorrow.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Tickets for Rare’s production cost £16 (concessions £2 off), £15 (concessions £1.50 off), and £13.
• To buy tickets, call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk