Anna Le Hair and Arwen Newband at St Peter’s Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A local duo who have played extensively in the UK will be giving the lunchtime concert at a city church next Wednesday, January 22.
Pianist Anna Le Hair will be accompanying Arwen Newband who studied violin with Emmanuel Hurwitz.
They are about to go on a concert tour of Arwen’s native New Zealand during February and March, including performances in Auckland and Nelson.
The duo will be playing classics of the standard repertoire as well as more rarely-performed sonatas of the 20th Century.
Their programme at St Peter’s Church, St Albans, will include Brahms’ Sonata op 78 and Walton’s Violin Sonata no. 1 in B flat major.
You may also want to watch:
The free concert begins at 1pm with a retiring collection in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly