Anna Le Hair and Arwen Newband at St Peter’s Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A local duo who have played extensively in the UK will be giving the lunchtime concert at a city church next Wednesday, January 22.
Pianist Anna Le Hair will be accompanying Arwen Newband who studied violin with Emmanuel Hurwitz.
They are about to go on a concert tour of Arwen’s native New Zealand during February and March, including performances in Auckland and Nelson.
The duo will be playing classics of the standard repertoire as well as more rarely-performed sonatas of the 20th Century.
Their programme at St Peter’s Church, St Albans, will include Brahms’ Sonata op 78 and Walton’s Violin Sonata no. 1 in B flat major.
You may also want to watch:
The free concert begins at 1pm with a retiring collection in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre