Andy Parsons, Lenny Henry and The Beat at the Alban Arena
MAKING his third tour around the country and his first visit to the Alban Arena next Thursday, April 14, is comedian Andy Parsons.
The Time Out Award Winner, New Zealand International Comedy Award Winner and Montreal Just for Laughs Comedy Festival Award Winner will be holding nothing back when he appears on stage at 8pm – although the truth may be slightly embellished.
Tickets are �15 from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to the box office on www.alban-arena.co.uk
The role of music in the life of comedian Lenny Henry will be explored when he returns to the Arena next Friday, April 15.
Music has always played a huge part in Lenny’s life and it was impersonating Stevie Wonder that first got his career flying when he won the New Faces talent show.
An accomplished comedian, actor, writer, TV presenter and fundraiser, Lenny still cites his first love as music.
In Cradle to Rave, in which he appears at 8pm, he will take the audience through the decades, exploring the exact role music has played in his life and continues to play. In true Lenny style there will be plenty of laughs and lots of funky tunes.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 4 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 5 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 6 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 9 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
Tickets are �23.50.
The Beat are back in Ska’s Greatest Hits Tour at the Arena at 8pm next Saturday night, April 16.
Ranking Roger and his son Murphy ‘Ranking’ Jr are joined by Everette, Saxa, Neil, Andy and Blockhead in The Beat line up, performing classic hits including Tears of a Clown and Can’t Get Used to Losing You.
Joining them will be Neville Staple, the lead singer of The Specials and one of the founding members of Fun Boy 3, credited not just once but twice with changing the face of pop music.
He will be performing such classics as Ghost Town, Too Much Too Young and A Message To You Rudy.
Tickets are �24.50.