Andrew returns for anniversary organ recital
- Credit: Archant
Former assistant master of the music at St Albans Cathedral, Andrew Parnell, returns to Marlborough Road Methodist Church next Tuesday, March 24, for a special recital to mark the 20th anniversary of the series organised by the New School of Organ Studies.
For 25 years, Andrew Parnell’s professional career was centred on St Albans Cathedral where he was also director of the Abbey Girls Choir, music master and choral director at St Albans School, and conductor of the St Albans Symphony Orchestra.
In 2001, he relinquished these posts to establish a freelance career as an organist, composer and conductor. He currently conducts the Ely and the Cambridgeshire Choral Societies, Ely Youth Choir, the Wymondham Symphony Orchestra, and annually, the St Albans-based chamber choir Carillon.
His compositions, both sacred and secular, have been performed in numerous venues and new church music will be published and performed later this year. The recital next Tuesday is entitled Toccatas, etcetera and includes works by JS Bach, Widor and Vierne.
The recital begin at 12.30pm and admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the church.
You may also want to watch:
For further details contact 01727 865979 or e.mail email@example.com.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans