Andrew returns for anniversary organ recital
- Credit: Archant
Former assistant master of the music at St Albans Cathedral, Andrew Parnell, returns to Marlborough Road Methodist Church next Tuesday, March 24, for a special recital to mark the 20th anniversary of the series organised by the New School of Organ Studies.
For 25 years, Andrew Parnell’s professional career was centred on St Albans Cathedral where he was also director of the Abbey Girls Choir, music master and choral director at St Albans School, and conductor of the St Albans Symphony Orchestra.
In 2001, he relinquished these posts to establish a freelance career as an organist, composer and conductor. He currently conducts the Ely and the Cambridgeshire Choral Societies, Ely Youth Choir, the Wymondham Symphony Orchestra, and annually, the St Albans-based chamber choir Carillon.
His compositions, both sacred and secular, have been performed in numerous venues and new church music will be published and performed later this year. The recital next Tuesday is entitled Toccatas, etcetera and includes works by JS Bach, Widor and Vierne.
The recital begin at 12.30pm and admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the church.
You may also want to watch:
For further details contact 01727 865979 or e.mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area