Andrea Vicari at Herts Jazz Club
PIANIST and composer Andrea Vicari will be performing at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
First reaching prominence with Julian Arguelles, Art Farmer and Eddie Henderson on the London scene of the Eighties, Andrea rose to greater heights nationally with her Suburban Gorillas project in the ‘90s, featuring her much praised compositions. Now professor of Jazz Piano at Trinity College of Music, she is one of the best jazz pianists around, having performed with most of the British greats.
Andrea has five highly acclaimed albums to her credit and among her latest projects are The Jazz Ambassadors, an all woman contemporary jazz ensemble and Jazz Ex-Tempor�, an international jazz ensemble recently returned from touring in Europe.
She will be joined by Mornington Lockett on tenor sax, Dorian Lockett on bass and Clark Tracey drums.
Tickets for the show at Campus West in Welwyn Garden City cost just �5 for students and under-21s; �11 advance; �13 at the door; �8 members. The performance is from 7.45-10.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Book online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 3 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'