‘America’s songwriter’ Jimmy waxes lyrical at Arena concert
- Credit: Archant
Songwriter Jimmy Webb hosts an evening of songs and stories at the Alban Arena next Wednesday, April 15.
Hailed as “America’s Songwriter”, he has influenced generations of musicians worldwide from Billy Joel and John Mayer to Keith Urban and Rumer.
His platinum selling classics include Up, Up and Away, By the Time I Get to Phoenix, Wichita Lineman, Galveston and MacArthur Park. His songs have been recorded and performed by the the likes of Frank Sinatra , Elvis Presley, R.E.M and Carly Simon.
The evening gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets at £22.50 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
The Living the Dream School of Performing Arts brings its annual Easter Showcase to the Arena next Friday, April 17.
Students aged from five to 18 will be putting on an evening of dance, acting, musical theatre and singing.
Living The Dream was founded by Zoe Jackson in 2006, when she was 16 years old. Since then the company has grown to include a talent agency, a professional dance company, a performing arts school and a charity.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
The school is run by young people, for young people, and over 250 students currently take part in classes, showcases, flash mobs, events and workshops.
Tickets for the showcase, which starts at 7pm, are £13 with concessions £3 off.
Vienna Festival Ballet celebrates its 35th anniversary next Saturday, April 18, with a gala show featuring highlights from the world’s most loved Tchaikovsky ballets.
Highlights will include the moment when the Swan Queen meets her Prince in Act 2 Swan Lake, the Dance of the Cygnets, Clara’s journey to the land of snow in The Nutcracker and the Rose Adagio from Sleeping Beauty.
The performance begins at 2.30pm and tickets are £23 with concessions £4 off and under-16s £15