Amazing Grace of composer
- Credit: Archant
Saltmine Theatre Company’s John Newton – Amazing Grace sails into YWAM in Harpenden this Saturday, May 2.
It portrays John Newton’s life story from slave ship captain to church leader and the creation of the famous hymn Amazing Grace.
Press ganged into the navy at 19, torn from the girl he loved, Newton was a man beyond hope when he was drawn into the harsh world of the 18th Century slave trade.
Then one stormy night everything changes in a story of freedom and the power of love and grace to transform a life.
The production has been on three successful national tours and had a run at Edinburgh Fringe Festival where it was
You may also want to watch:
listed in the top 100 live performances out of 3000,
Saltmine Theatre Company is a professional theatre company with a Christian ethos performing in schools, churches and
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
mainstream theatres throughout the UK.
The performance at YWAM, Highfield Oval in Harpenden, starts at 7.30pm. Tickets at a suggested donation price of £5 can be obtained by calling 01582 463300.