Amazing Grace of composer
- Credit: Archant
Saltmine Theatre Company’s John Newton – Amazing Grace sails into YWAM in Harpenden this Saturday, May 2.
It portrays John Newton’s life story from slave ship captain to church leader and the creation of the famous hymn Amazing Grace.
Press ganged into the navy at 19, torn from the girl he loved, Newton was a man beyond hope when he was drawn into the harsh world of the 18th Century slave trade.
Then one stormy night everything changes in a story of freedom and the power of love and grace to transform a life.
The production has been on three successful national tours and had a run at Edinburgh Fringe Festival where it was
You may also want to watch:
listed in the top 100 live performances out of 3000,
Saltmine Theatre Company is a professional theatre company with a Christian ethos performing in schools, churches and
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
mainstream theatres throughout the UK.
The performance at YWAM, Highfield Oval in Harpenden, starts at 7.30pm. Tickets at a suggested donation price of £5 can be obtained by calling 01582 463300.