Amadeus Choir at St Peter’s Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
FIVE concertos from the High Baroque will be introduced by Amadeus Chamber Orchestra at a concert in St Peter’s Church, St Albans, next Saturday, January 26.
The concertos will feature different members of the orchestra in turn. Vivaldi’s Bassoon Concerto in Bb and Albinoni’s Concerto for two oboes Op. 9 no. 9 give starring roles to Amadeus’s woodwind section whilst the Handel Concerto Grosso Op. 6 no. 1 will feature solos for the leaders of the string sections.
The highly-popular violinist Ellie Fagg will join the orchestra as soloist in Bach’s Violin Concerto in A minor, as well as in Bach’s Fourth Brandenburg Concerto which features a virtuoso solo violin part alongside a duet of recorders.
As a local violinist Ellie is well known to St Albans audiences and is increasingly carving an international career as soloist, orchestral leader, and chamber musician.
As an orchestral leader she has appeared with the English Chamber Orchestra, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, and English National Opera. Her Puertas Quartet reached the semi-final of the Bordeaux International Chamber Music competition.
You may also want to watch:
The programme will be completed with a performance of Boyce’s tuneful Third Symphony, a masterpiece of English Baroque music.
The concert starts at 7.30pm and admission is £12 (£9 for students, seniors and the unemployed and £3 for accompanied schoolchildren) available at the door or in advance from St Albans Tourist Information Centre on 01727 864511.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images