All work but certainly not no play for St Albans' Company of Ten
WORKAHOLIC Lester Adams is currently discovering how art reflects life in his role as Terry in the next Company of Ten production, The Anniversary. Terry is a man forced by his evil, scheming and fanatically possessive mother to become the all-time obsess
WORKAHOLIC Lester Adams is currently discovering how art reflects life in his role as Terry in the next Company of Ten production, The Anniversary.
Terry is a man forced by his evil, scheming and fanatically possessive mother to become the all-time obsessed workaholic builder.
And in real life Lester is such a workaholic that, as featured in the Herts Advertiser earlier this month, he has appeared on Channel Four's Kidnapped by the Kids because his family sees so little of him.
Lester was spending seven days a week at work at his indoor children's play area business in Harpenden, even sleeping there several nights a week. That was until his children kidnapped him to force him to spend more time with his family and the whole experience was filmed.
You may also want to watch:
The Anniversary, by Bill MacIlwraith, is a black comedy about an anniversary party that goes very wrong and is being performed in the Company of Ten's 75th season.
Lester, 44, is pictured in a scene from the play which will be performed at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans from November 13 to 21, with Helen Miller who plays his wife as they endure yet another tirade from his fearsome mum.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Tickets for the black comedy are on sale at the box office on 01727 857861 or from the box office on www.abbeytheatre.org.uk
l A charity performance of The Anniversary is being held in support of the St Albans and District Macmillan Cancer Support Committee and the St Albans and District Bereavement Network on Thursday, November 12.