All that jazz as Herts Festival begins
THE best of British contemporary jazz comes together next weekend when the first ever Herts Jazz Festival is held.
Among the performers at the festival which runs from next Friday, August 19, until Sunday, August 21, at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, will be Jason Rebello, Martin Taylor, Stan Tracey, Tim Barland, Alan Skidmore, Echoes of Ellington, Don Weller’s Big Band, Dave Newton, Trudy Kerr, Peter King and many more.
All the gigs will be in the theatre and studio at Campus West, the home of Herts Jazz Club.
Clark Tracey, of the club, said: “We have lined up the very best programme for this festival which will be a dream come true for jazz-lovers near and far. We have 15 different performances and master-classes featuring a roster of artists whose very names guarantee a glorious celebration of jazz.”
The festival is being supported by Yamaha which has lent one of its C3 grand pianos for use during the event.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available for the whole festival, Saturday, Sunday or individual gigs. Festival tickets are �80 (�50 for students) and day tickets are �50 (�40 for students), available from www.welhat.gov.uk/cw
For more details about the festival go to www.hertsjazz.co.uk/festival or Facebook.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly