All-Star line up at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Four comedy heavyweights come together for the first time as part of a tour which stops off at the Alban Arena next Wednesday, May 11.
Double Sony award-winner and star of Mock The Week, Gary Delaney, is joined by Pete Firman, of BBC1’s The Musicians, Jarred Christmas, a Chortle Comedy Award winner, and Sean Hughes, a Perrier Award winner who has been voted one of the world’s top 100 comedians
The All-Star Stand-up Tour is produced by Alex Jarrett who commented: “These guys are real masters of the craft with over 75 years of stand-up experience between them.”
The evening gets underway at 8pm and tickets are £20, available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online.
Irish folk music band, The Dublin Legends, will be playing at the Arena at 7.30pm next Friday, May 13.
Sean Cannon, Eamonn Campbell, Gerry O’Connor and Paul Watchorn comprise The Dublin Legends which were formed after the sudden death of The Dubliners’ founding member ‘Banjo’ Barney Mckenna.
You may also want to watch:
Sean and Eamonn were members of The Dubliners for close on 30 years while Gerry joined them for the final part of their 50th Anniversary Tour. Paul toured the world as a member of Derek Warfield’s Sons Of Erin for many years.
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets are £21.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
The Solid Silver 60s Show, featuring Peter Noone, Dave Berry, Brian Hyland, New Amen Corner and The Merseybeats, returns to the Arena at 7.30pm next Saturday, May 14.
Featuring all the original artists performing their classic hits, tickets are 28.50 and £26.50.
Killer Queen will be recreating the music of Queen at the Arena from 7pm next Sunday, May 15.
Now in their 22nd year Killer Queen were credited as Worldwide Best Tribute Band Award in 1999 and awarded Best Concert of the Year at The Brighton Centre in 2009.
The concert is in aid of several charities including Breast Cancer Care, Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust, Ovarian Cancer Action, and Bloodwise.
Tickets are £28.50 and £26.50.