All-Star action heralds start of Arena’s new season
- Credit: Archant
All Star Wrestling opens its 2015 season at the Alban Arena next Saturday, January 17.
It pits top talent from around the world against the best of British with action guaranteed from the first bell.
WWF and WWE legend Gangrel face Devon-born heavyweight contender, Oliver Grey, who returned home in 2014 after a two year stint with the WWE’s NXT division in the USA.
Among the home talent will be newcomers Roy and Zack Knight, aka the UK Hooligans, and fan favourite, Dean Allmark, who will be fighting to re-establish himself as Superslam number one.
There will also be more solo contests with the high flying masked luchador, El Ligero, making his return.
The evening gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets at £15, under 16s £10 and a family ticket at £45 are available from the box office on 01727 844488
or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
Movie buffs have a chance to see Effie Gray at the Arena next Tuesday and Wednesday, January 12 and 13.
Based on the true story of scandal that shocked Victorian England, Effie Gray tells the story of Euphemia ‘Effie’ Gray, played by Dakota Fanning, who at 19 years old married prominent art historian and critic, John Ruskin.
When Ruskin refused to consummate their marriage, the lonely and frustrated Effie found herself drawn to artist John Everett Millais. After five years in a loveless marriage, Effie defied the rules of Victorian society by becoming one of the first women in history to file for divorce.
The film, which can be seen at 7.30pm both nights and at 1.30pm next Wednesday, also stars Emma Thompson, Julie Walters and Robbie Coltrane.
Tickets for the matinee are £5 and for evenings they are £7 or £5 for concessions.
blob* An appearance by comedian Dara O’Briain at the Arena next Thursday, January 15, has sold out.