All-Star action heralds start of Arena’s new season
- Credit: Archant
All Star Wrestling opens its 2015 season at the Alban Arena next Saturday, January 17.
It pits top talent from around the world against the best of British with action guaranteed from the first bell.
WWF and WWE legend Gangrel face Devon-born heavyweight contender, Oliver Grey, who returned home in 2014 after a two year stint with the WWE’s NXT division in the USA.
Among the home talent will be newcomers Roy and Zack Knight, aka the UK Hooligans, and fan favourite, Dean Allmark, who will be fighting to re-establish himself as Superslam number one.
There will also be more solo contests with the high flying masked luchador, El Ligero, making his return.
You may also want to watch:
The evening gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets at £15, under 16s £10 and a family ticket at £45 are available from the box office on 01727 844488
or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Movie buffs have a chance to see Effie Gray at the Arena next Tuesday and Wednesday, January 12 and 13.
Based on the true story of scandal that shocked Victorian England, Effie Gray tells the story of Euphemia ‘Effie’ Gray, played by Dakota Fanning, who at 19 years old married prominent art historian and critic, John Ruskin.
When Ruskin refused to consummate their marriage, the lonely and frustrated Effie found herself drawn to artist John Everett Millais. After five years in a loveless marriage, Effie defied the rules of Victorian society by becoming one of the first women in history to file for divorce.
The film, which can be seen at 7.30pm both nights and at 1.30pm next Wednesday, also stars Emma Thompson, Julie Walters and Robbie Coltrane.
Tickets for the matinee are £5 and for evenings they are £7 or £5 for concessions.
blob* An appearance by comedian Dara O’Briain at the Arena next Thursday, January 15, has sold out.