Alias all rapped up with Flo-Rida
A MUSICIAN from St Albans is set to perform to thousands of people alongside US rapper Flo-Rida at the O2 Arena. Phil Smith, known as Alias, will be playing with another St Albans act, Lakeside, in a 30-minute set at the O2 Arena s Indigo Rooms. The venu
A MUSICIAN from St Albans is set to perform to thousands of people alongside US rapper Flo-Rida at the O2 Arena.
Phil Smith, known as Alias, will be playing with another St Albans act, Lakeside, in a 30-minute set at the O2 Arena's Indigo Rooms. The venue holds 2,500 people and will be one of the biggest gigs Smith has played.
Self funded through painting and decorating, Smith has also produced and recorded his own album which he is set to release on iTunes. The album, entitled Hot Town, is a diverse mixture of music, including pop, R'n'B and house.
A former pupil of Beaumont School, Smith found music a helping hand through troubled times. He said: "My parents divorced, my dad died and there were drink problems; that's when I got into music, it was an outlet."
You may also want to watch:
His determination to succeed through harsh times is now paying off. Smith is excited about the gig with Flo-Rida and confident about the future. He is looking forward to completing another music video for his next single Unforgivable and promoting his music to local radio stations.
Smith's music can be heard on his myspace - www.myspace.com/ alias2007 and the two St Albans acts will be performing with the American rapper on July 12. Tickets are available from Ticketmaster.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public