Tom Kerridge and Rick Stein among celebrity chefs creating menu for drive-in tour
- Credit: Supplied by Switched On
Celebrity chefs Tom Kerridge and Rick Stein are among the culinarians creating the menu for a drive-in tour coming to Hertfordshire this summer.
The Alfresco Theatre Drive-In has revealed five of Britain’s top chefs that will be bringing tasty dishes to St Albans in June.
Pub in the Park favourite Tom Kerridge, television presenter and restaurateur Rick Stein, Atul Kochhar, Paul Ainsworth and Jason Atherton are joining forces to create an exclusive menu of one-off, not-to-be-missed dishes for the travelling restaurant.
TV chef and pub owner Tom Kerridge said: "I'm so excited to be working with some great pals and top chefs to bring a lush menu to The Alfresco Theatre Drive-in Tour.
"We all deserve a bit of fun this summer and I can’t wait for everyone to dig into some great food whilst watching some quality live gigs!”
The Alfresco Diner will be the only place in the UK you will be able to taste the chefs' incredible dishes this summer – all while enjoying a live show, comedy gig or big-screen movie.
The new event from the creators of Pub in the Park visits the Hertfordshire Showground from June 2 to June 6. Tickets go on general sale this Thursday, March 4.
The mouth-watering menu will be revealed in the coming weeks and will be available to pre-book ahead of arrival at your chosen Alfresco show.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Jason Atherton said: "We've all missed tucking into some fantastic food over the past year, and I’m so excited to be working with other amazing chefs to bring such a great menu to the tour.
"I can’t wait for everyone to experience the dishes we’ve created, whilst watching some brilliant live entertainment!”
Designed as a COVID-compliant event for the times, foodie fanatics will be able to tuck into the very best dishes, all while watching a stellar line-up of laugh-out-loud comedy from the likes of Mark Watson and Dara Ó Briain, or blockbuster movies including Dirty Dancing, Bohemian Rhapsody, Grease singalong and The Greatest Showman.
There will be toe-tapping live music from Spice Girls tribute SPICE and ABBA show Björn Again, while young ones can enjoy family-friendly show The Gruffalo Live.
The event's roaming bar will also be serving craft cocktails, beers, wine and alcohol-free drinks for the designated drivers – so everyone can enjoy a great day or night out!
The Alfresco Theatre tour will be taking place on the following dates at the following venues:
- Tunbridge Wells: April 28 – May 3, 2021 at The Hop Farm.
- Bath Spa: May 6 – May 9, 2021 at Warleigh Lodge Farm .
- Henley & Marlow: May 12 – May 16, 2021 at Culden Faw Estate.
- Warwick: May 19 – May 23, 2021 at Sherbourne Park.
- St Albans: June 2 –June 6, 2021 at Hertfordshire Showground.
- West London: June 9 – June 13, 2021 at Syon Park .
Adult tickets start from £18 for movies, £35 for comedy and music gigs, and £16 for Gruffalo tickets (ages 3+) , with each show being sold individually and subject to transaction and booking fees.
For more information visit www.thealfrescotheatre.co.uk