Tom Kerridge and Rick Stein among celebrity chefs creating menu for drive-in tour
- Credit: Supplied by Switched On
Celebrity chefs Tom Kerridge and Rick Stein are among the culinarians creating the menu for a drive-in tour coming to Hertfordshire this summer.
The Alfresco Theatre Drive-In has revealed five of Britain’s top chefs that will be bringing tasty dishes to St Albans in June.
Pub in the Park favourite Tom Kerridge, television presenter and restaurateur Rick Stein, Atul Kochhar, Paul Ainsworth and Jason Atherton are joining forces to create an exclusive menu of one-off, not-to-be-missed dishes for the travelling restaurant.
TV chef and pub owner Tom Kerridge said: "I'm so excited to be working with some great pals and top chefs to bring a lush menu to The Alfresco Theatre Drive-in Tour.
"We all deserve a bit of fun this summer and I can’t wait for everyone to dig into some great food whilst watching some quality live gigs!”
The Alfresco Diner will be the only place in the UK you will be able to taste the chefs' incredible dishes this summer – all while enjoying a live show, comedy gig or big-screen movie.
The new event from the creators of Pub in the Park visits the Hertfordshire Showground from June 2 to June 6. Tickets go on general sale this Thursday, March 4.
The mouth-watering menu will be revealed in the coming weeks and will be available to pre-book ahead of arrival at your chosen Alfresco show.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
Jason Atherton said: "We've all missed tucking into some fantastic food over the past year, and I’m so excited to be working with other amazing chefs to bring such a great menu to the tour.
"I can’t wait for everyone to experience the dishes we’ve created, whilst watching some brilliant live entertainment!”
Designed as a COVID-compliant event for the times, foodie fanatics will be able to tuck into the very best dishes, all while watching a stellar line-up of laugh-out-loud comedy from the likes of Mark Watson and Dara Ó Briain, or blockbuster movies including Dirty Dancing, Bohemian Rhapsody, Grease singalong and The Greatest Showman.
There will be toe-tapping live music from Spice Girls tribute SPICE and ABBA show Björn Again, while young ones can enjoy family-friendly show The Gruffalo Live.
The event's roaming bar will also be serving craft cocktails, beers, wine and alcohol-free drinks for the designated drivers – so everyone can enjoy a great day or night out!
The Alfresco Theatre tour will be taking place on the following dates at the following venues:
- Tunbridge Wells: April 28 – May 3, 2021 at The Hop Farm.
- Bath Spa: May 6 – May 9, 2021 at Warleigh Lodge Farm .
- Henley & Marlow: May 12 – May 16, 2021 at Culden Faw Estate.
- Warwick: May 19 – May 23, 2021 at Sherbourne Park.
- St Albans: June 2 –June 6, 2021 at Hertfordshire Showground.
- West London: June 9 – June 13, 2021 at Syon Park .
Adult tickets start from £18 for movies, £35 for comedy and music gigs, and £16 for Gruffalo tickets (ages 3+) , with each show being sold individually and subject to transaction and booking fees.
For more information visit www.thealfrescotheatre.co.uk