Alexander Armstrong at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Actor and comedian Alexander Armstrong will be performing with his band at the Alban Arena next Tuesday, October 15.
Best known as one half of BAFTA award-winning comedy duo Armstrong and Miller and host of the TV game show Pointless, baritone Alexander will be celebrating his love of music in the show during which he and his band will be performing jazz standards, rock classics, and pop favourites.
He said: “I am so looking forward to heading out on the road with this extraordinary band of musicians and to meeting the people who come along. I wonder if they’ll be Pointless fans, comedy fans or – strange to say – music fans. Certainly there’ll be something for everyone in the evening.”
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets at £22.50 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
A live recording of Opera Australia’s production of Bizet’s Carmen can be seen at the Arena next Wednesday, October 16.
Filmed at Sydney Harbour the annual Handa Opera event has become a highlight on Australia’s opera scene and, for the first time, one of their stage productions has been recorded live and shown across the world.
It can be seen at 1.30pm and 7.30pm and tickets are £5 for the matinee and £7 with concessions £5 for the evening showing.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Members of the original cast of the classic radio series The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy, are bringing the show back to life at the Arena next Friday, October 18.
Douglas Adams’ creation became an instant classic when it was launched as a radio show in the late 70s and has since enjoyed reincarnations as a TV series and a film. Adapted from the novels, The Hitchhiker’s Guide To the Galaxy Radio show – Live! was seen by over 35,000 people when it first toured in 2012.
It features Simon Jones, reprising his role as Arthur Dent, and Anita Dobson as The Voice of the Book.
The performance begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £26.50 with concessions £2.50 off.
Billy Mitchell and Ray Laidlow of Lindisfarne celebrate the Tyneside band, their music and achievements at the Arena next Sunday, October 20.
The show is written, devised and performed by the duo who perform acoustic versions of Lindisfarne’s classic songs and give the audience the inside story of the group’s rise to fame.
A limited edition 40th anniversary vinyl version of platinum selling album Fog on the Tyne is being released alongside their UK tour and the show gets underway at 7.30pm. Tickets are £20.