Ale is the chief for Alban Arena
ROLLING out the barrel will be quite a task when the 15th St Albans Beer Festival gets underway at the Alban Arena from next Wednesday, September 29.
Not only will there be over 500 different cask and bottled beers but there will also be foreign beer, ciders and perries at the festival which runs until next Saturday, October 2.
Over 9,000 people went along to the festival last year where they enjoyed not only the six bars with hundreds of brands to try but also the games, tombola, team quiz and breweriana auctions.
To accompany the festival, St Albans band, The Runaway Boys, will be performing next Thursday and the Climax Blues Band will be showcasing their most popular material from 18 albums on Saturday night.
Tickets range from �2 to �4 and can be booked through the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk. Further details can be found at www.stalbansbeerfestival.com
You may also want to watch:
n The Arena has unveiled its programme in the run-up to Christmas which includes the shows That’ll Be The Day, Christmas Music Hall and A Christmas Gift For You! Also appearing are variety act Joe Pasquale, the dancers of Tango Passion, ventriloquist Paul Zerdin and Gotta Sing Gotta Dance, celebrating the best numbers from stage and screen.
Next month the Arena will have a visit from Britain’s Got Talent finalist Julian Smith in Julian and Friends. Among the other acts from the TV talent show will be Stavros Flatley.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The season concludes with the pantomime Peter Pan starring Larry Lamb as Captain Hook and Katy Ashworth as the eponymous hero.