Ale is the chief for Alban Arena
ROLLING out the barrel will be quite a task when the 15th St Albans Beer Festival gets underway at the Alban Arena from next Wednesday, September 29.
Not only will there be over 500 different cask and bottled beers but there will also be foreign beer, ciders and perries at the festival which runs until next Saturday, October 2.
Over 9,000 people went along to the festival last year where they enjoyed not only the six bars with hundreds of brands to try but also the games, tombola, team quiz and breweriana auctions.
To accompany the festival, St Albans band, The Runaway Boys, will be performing next Thursday and the Climax Blues Band will be showcasing their most popular material from 18 albums on Saturday night.
Tickets range from �2 to �4 and can be booked through the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk. Further details can be found at www.stalbansbeerfestival.com
n The Arena has unveiled its programme in the run-up to Christmas which includes the shows That’ll Be The Day, Christmas Music Hall and A Christmas Gift For You! Also appearing are variety act Joe Pasquale, the dancers of Tango Passion, ventriloquist Paul Zerdin and Gotta Sing Gotta Dance, celebrating the best numbers from stage and screen.
Next month the Arena will have a visit from Britain’s Got Talent finalist Julian Smith in Julian and Friends. Among the other acts from the TV talent show will be Stavros Flatley.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 6 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 7 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 8 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 9 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
The season concludes with the pantomime Peter Pan starring Larry Lamb as Captain Hook and Katy Ashworth as the eponymous hero.