Aldenham Art Festival celebrates 750th year of St John the Baptist Church
- Credit: Archant
A major art festival will be held in Aldenham later this month.
Celebrating 750 years in the parish of Aldenham, St John the Baptist Church will be staging the event over the weekend of Saturday, September 16 and Sunday, September 17.
With over 70 artists and more than 400 paintings and works of art – both framed and unframed – to choose from, this will be a stunning exhibition of original, contemporary and traditional art to browse and buy at affordable prices.
Couple this with homemade cakes and refreshments, and what better way to spend a couple of hours in the delightful village of Aldenham?
Situated in Church Lane just off the B462, between Radlett, Bushey and Watford, it is easy to find and all profits will go towards preserving the fabric of this beautiful historic building.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will be open to the general public from 11am to 4.30pm on Saturday, September 16, and from noon to 4.30pm on Sunday, September 17.
The event is in association with Aldenham Golf and Country Club, just across the road from the church, and more details can be found on www.aldenhamartfestival.org.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans