Alban Arena turns on the style
KING of bawdy humour, Kevin Bloody Wilson, is making another visit to the Alban Arena as part of his world tour next Saturday, November 21. Kevin has been resting up since his last tour but he is back with not just a multitude of favourite songs and tales
KING of bawdy humour, Kevin Bloody Wilson, is making another visit to the Alban Arena as part of his world tour next Saturday, November 21.
Kevin has been resting up since his last tour but he is back with not just a multitude of favourite songs and tales but also hilarious new compositions.
For over a quarter of a century Kevin has been touring and amazing audiences with his bawdy ballads and individual style of story-telling.
He has coined the phrase DILIGAF for his world tour but the only explanation for what it means can be found at the show.
You may also want to watch:
With special guest Jenny Talia, the show starts at 8pm and tickets are �18.50, available from the box office on 01727 844488.
Only a few tickets remain for The Stylistics in Concert which is back by popular demand at the Arena at 7.30pm the following night, Sunday, November 22.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Celebrated as one of the best-selling soul groups ever, they notched up 12 straight Top Ten hits between 1971 and 1974. Their first single was You're A Big Girl Now which immediately achieved chart success and they went on to produce hit after hit culminating in You Make Me Feel Brand New.
Although The Stylistics produced their final album under producer Thom Bell in 1974, their popularity did not end there and their 1975 release, The Best of The Stylistics, eventually earned double-platinum honours, making it their highest selling album ever.
Altogether The Stylistics have appeared on over 40 albums, including compilations.
Tickets are �22 and �20, available from the box office on the number above.