Alban Arena is heaven sent for music fans
FAST-paced rock extravaganza Rockin on Heaven s Door has sold over one million tickets across the UK and Europe – and on Saturday it is coming to the Alban Arena. Two cast members from the West End show Buddy have joined the touring musical stage show wh
FAST-paced rock extravaganza Rockin' on Heaven's Door has sold over one million tickets across the UK and Europe - and on Saturday it is coming to the Alban Arena.
Two cast members from the West End show Buddy have joined the touring musical stage show which brings together the music of Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, The Big Bopper and Jerry Lee Lewis.
The show is now in its 12th year and is currently on a 50-plus UK theatre tour.
It features Darren Green as Jerry Lee ripping into Great Balls of Fire while Barry Steele's Roy Orbison soars through his classic songs and Buddy Holly explodes on to the stage.
The second part of the show opens with a concert within a concert - a reconstruction of Elvis's 1972 tour complete with Vegas jumpsuits, belts and rings performed by Richard Atkins.
The show culminates in a rousing ensemble finale of Rockin' on Heaven's Door.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 9 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The show gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets at �19 and �17 are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488.
l The Glenn Miller Orchestra changes the tempo when it comes to the Arena next Sunday, October 18.
Directed by Ray McVay, it will be bringing the music of the forties supported by Britain's Got Talent semi-finalists Irresistible, in a tribute to the Andrews Sisters.
The show will feature the vocals of Jan Messeder and Colin Anthony as well as the smooth harmonies of The Moonlight Serenaders and the swinging jazz sounds of the Uptown Hall Gang.
The orchestra is packed with star musicians who have played in the world's greatest big bands including the orchestras of Benny Goodman, Nelson Riddle, Billy May and Frank Sinatra.
Original arrangements of classic wartime chart toppers will include In the Mood, Moonlight Serenade, American Patrol and a tribute to the big bands.
The show begins at 5pm and tickets are �16 and �14 with concessions �1.50 off.