Alban Arena getting all shook up
FROM working the circuits to becoming an enduring international artist, Shakin’ Stevens has become part of rock history.
And next Friday, February 4, he will be performing at the Alban Arena as part of a tour to commemorate the anniversary of his first UK hit.
He will be accompanied by a 10-strong band and perform new arrangements of his hits and songs from across all the decades and all the musical genres he has recorded with – rock, Cajun, country and blues as well as a few surprises.
Shaky comes on stage at 8pm and tickets at �25.50 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or go to the website on www.alban-arena.co.uk.
Heart, soul and an opinion sum up musician Thea Gilmore who comes to the Arena the following night, Saturday, February 5.
You may also want to watch:
She tackles issues with a beautiful voice and songs that touch on folk, jazz, rock and Americana.
Bruce Springsteen buys her records, artists including Martha Wainwright seek to collaborate with her and Tom Waits’ percussionist Michael Blair appears on Murphy’s Heart, her 10th album.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
She comes on stage at 8pm and tickets are �15.
n The final movie instalment of Stieg Larsson’s award-winning trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, is being screened at the Arena next Wednesday, February 2.
Lisbeth (Noomi Rapace) is recovering in hospital and awaiting trial for three murders when she is released. Mickael (Michael Nyqvist) must prove her innocence but meanwhile Lisbeth is plotting her own revenge against the people who put her in her situation.
There are two showings – 1.30pm and 7.30pm – and tickets at �6 with concessions �2 are available for the evening and at �4 for the matinee.
n A dance show at the Arena next Monday, February 1, by Brendan Cole, one of the stars of Strictly Come Dancing, has sold out.