Al Murray at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Al Murray, aka The Pub Landlord, brings his sold out show, One Man One Guvnor, to the Alban Arena next Thursday, celebrating 20 years of comedy.
Unfortunately this show has now sold out, but the Arena will be hosting more live comedy shows over the coming season including Ross Noble, Jason Byrne, Mark Watson, Alan Davies, Milton Jones, Stewart Lee and Stewart Francis, so don’t miss out on getting your tickets for these performances now.
The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (15), based on the international best-selling novel by Jonas Jonasson, is being screened at the Arena on October 7 at 7.30pm and October 8 at 1.30pm and 7.30pm.
It tells the story of centenarian and dynamite expert Allan Karlsson (Swedish comedy star Robert Gustafsson), who has lived a colourful life travelling the world, making famous friends and changing history. But his greatest adventure is yet to come when, on his 100th birthday, he decides to avoid a dull party by escaping his retirement home to relive his youth. Tickets for films matinees are £5 and evenings are £7 or £5 for concessions.
The Austrian brass septet Mnozil Brass bring their unique musical show to St Albans on October 10 at 7.30pm.
Mnozil Brass is probably the strangest brass ensemble ever, with musical virtuosity mixed with a unique style of comedy. Hailed as “The Monty Python of The Music World”, the group have clocked up an impressive 120 performances a year, worldwide, and over one million views on some of their YouTube videos.
Energetic, spirited, and hugely talented, Mnozil Brass combines brass, a capella singing and comedy, to produce a show that has entertained and charmed audiences across the globe for the last 20 years. Tickets: £25, groups of 10+ £21.50, Under 16s £16.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Back by popular demand, Sixties Gold returns to the Arena on October 11 at 3pm and 7.30pm, offering the ultimate line-up for lovers of sixties music.
Acts appearing include record breaking Mersey beat band The Pacemakers, unfortunately without Gerry Marsden who has had to drop out of the tour due to ill health, The Searchers, PJ Proby, English harmony beat group The Fortunes, and Brian Poole and Chip Hawkes bringing you the greatest hits of The Tremeloes.Tickets are £29.50.
The ever popular Miami Pro UK Championships is back on October 12 from 2-9pm, offering the chance to come and rub shoulders with the fitness stars and top fitness models and see who will be crowned the next UK Champions. With 10 different categories you will be entertained all day. Categories include the very popular Fitness Model and Ms. Bikini category. There will also be fitness stands selling favourite supplements and fitness clothing.
Miami Pro has become one of the biggest dates on the bodybuilding and fitness calendar, and has now sold out.
Tickets for all events from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or via the website at www.alban-arena.co.uk