Adults-only fun with Jim Davidson for the Alban Arena
ADULTS only are invited to a return visit to the Alban Arena by incomparable comedian Jim Davidson next Thursday, September 15.
The visit is part of a strictly limited tour of the UK with plenty of near-the-knuckle stand-up from the former host of The Generation Game and Big Break.
Jim received an OBE for his services to charity and has three coveted Show Business Personality of the Year awards.
Since emerging from TV’s New Faces, he has topped bills in the West End and all over the country, headlining summer seasons and pantomimes and performing concert tours with his adult show. He has also appeared in West End shows Buddy and Great Balls of Fire as well as starring with John Malkovich in the film Colour Me Kubrick.
Jim comes on stage at 7.30pm and tickets at �20 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
Gary Mullen and The Works return to the Arena next Saturday, September 17, with One Night of Queen, a concert recreating the looks, sound and showmanship of the great rock band.
Gary won ITV’s Stars In Their Eyes live grand final in 2000 with the largest number of votes in the show’s history. He began touring on his own and then formed a band, The Works, to pay tribute to Queen.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
They have performed in the UK, USA, South Africa, Europe and New Zealand as well as twice in the BBC Proms in the Park.
The evening begins at 7.30pm and tickets are �19.50 abd �17.50.
n Film continues at the Arena next Tuesday evening, September 13, with a showing of Horrible Bosses starring Kevin Spacey, Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston.
The story of Nick, Kurt and Dale who devise a seemingly foolproof plan to rid themselves of their respective employers, has proved to be a summer hit.
It is being shown at 7.30pm and tickets are �6 with concessions �2 off.
Larry Crowne is the matinee and evening film next Wednesday, September 14, a romantic and optimistic comedy starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.
Affable Larry was a superstar team leader at a big-box company where he has worked since his time in the Navy. Underwater on his mortgage and unclear what to do with his suddenly free days, he heads to the local college to start over.
The film can be seen at 1.30pm and 7.30pm and tickets for the matinee are �4 and �6 for the evening showing with concessions �2 off.